Saturday, October 17, 2009

Devil May Cry -Lots of Headway-


































So last I wrote about my sojourn into Devil May Cry I was standing victorious over a gigantic lava tarantula/scorpion named Phantom. As much as I had accomplished though, I was really only 4 missions into the game! Now though, I have made HUGE progress. I am now up to mission 12! In that time I sent that same monster tarantula/scorpion through a castle's sunroof and watched it die with its legs crinkled above it in typical dead spider-fashion. I fought a demonic black knight too. TWICE. The first time it was kind of a draw, but the second time I totally schooled him! My main challenge lately has taken the form of vicious little reptilian devils that are incredibly agile and quick to attack. Their speed wouldn't even be that big of a deal, but they hit decently hard too.
In fact, pretty much everything hits hard in this game. The best way to survive is to just not get hit or pray that there is a health orb somewhere nearby that you can limp off to after a fight.
As a character, Dante is pretty cocky and cool. However, despite the fact that he is quite the bad-ass, this has no bearing on whether or not the player is capable of survival. The farther I get into this game, the more brutally it illustrates the act that one's skill as a gamer is what counts here, not how tricked out your character is.

No comments:

Post a Comment