Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Devil May Cry -First Boss-

All right, so I started playing Devil May Cry. Why? Well, my dad always used to play this game, and it is one of the 'golden oldies' as far as playstation 2 games go, so it only seemed right that I give the game its dues.
So, I stick the CD into the console, let the game start up and do its thing, and soon enough I've started a new game as the cool and cocksure devil hunter Dante, who apparently can make devils cry. I won't go to far into actual game play at the moment, but suffice to say that that while a not especially awkward game, one can tell that this is the period during which camera angles were at times disgruntling.
The first two missions go by with relative ease. Cutting through demons, shooting at whatever moves, witnessing the occasional "extreme gore" filled scene, but nothing really life-threatening to Dante. What I am getting from the game at this point is that Dante is a total bad-ass that can't be touched.
Along comes mission 3...
Dante just got past some 'trial' in order to retrieve some kind of artifact and right as he grabs the artifact, CRASH! Enter the giant molten lava scorpion/tarantula that decides to burst through the ceiling. After some banter (yes, the giant lava scorpion/tarantula can talk, albeit unintelligibly, yet somehow the designers expected us to understand it) I'm thinking how cool it'll be to take this bastard down. Two minutes later I've suffered a horrifying molten death. All right, that's fine. First boss on a game I've never played before. It's cool, I'll just try again. Three tries later and the best I can do is chip away a little more of the beast's vitality before I meet another fiery demise.
I ended up turning off the system out of rage. I'll likely try again in a few minutes, but I would just like to say for the record that the first boss ('Phantom?' come on guys, you name the giant lava scorpion/tarantula 'Phantom?') is ridiculous as far as first bosses go.

No comments:

Post a Comment