Thursday, October 15, 2009

Destroy All Humans -Pretty Straightforward-

So the latest game I've stuck inside my old but reliable playstation 2 is Destroy All Humans.
Now, I am only about 3 out of who knows how many levels into the game, but so far the title seems slightly misleading. The player takes control of 'Cryptosporidium,' a pretty eccentric and aggressive Furon warrior who is basically clearing the way for a full-scale Furon invasion of Earth. However, while his race's intentions towards ours is hardly friendly, they haven't really implied that they actually intend to wipe out the human race.
In fact, the entire reason that the Furons have come on their warpath to our "pitiful insignificant planet" is because they as a race are in a genetic decline due to excessive cloning and they need the fresh primal brain stems of humans in order to stabilize future clones and significantly lower the chances of unpredictable genetic abnormalities forming.
However, I would hardly call this game a potential epic series. In a serious sense anyway. Why? Well, the main character keeps up a constant Jack Nicholson impression for starters. The game also takes place during the height of the Red Scare, and the humans are portrayed quite ridiculously (albeit not really falsely). So far, the game is a sarcastic yet not very bright alien anally probing and zap-o-matic-ing silly stupid 50s minded humans. Now, I'm not saying this makes the game bad, it just removes any chance of me as a gamer taking it seriously. Which is quite all right, I'm only saying.
We'll see how this storyline develops as I get farther into the game, but for now events are still unfolding. I'll likely post more on this later, but for now the game is still enjoyable.

No comments:

Post a Comment